Lindenville Specific Plan
THE FINAL LINDENVILLE SPECIFIC PLAN IS NOW AVAILABLE
Livable Lindenville: A Vibrant and Inclusive Neighborhood for All
The Lindenville Specific Plan is the guiding document to help realize the General Plan's vision for the area as a mixed-use neighborhood, employment hub, and cultural center of South San Francisco. Walkable, connected districts, including the South Spruce corridor, are envisioned as lively destinations where people have easy access to retail, parks, and other community resources. The Plan preserves the city's industrial heritage but also provides new opportunities for people to live in the district. A revitalized Colma Creek has the potential to become a community-serving linear park with a restored ecology that benefits the health and well-being of people and wildlife.
- Center the voices of people who will live, work, own property, and recreate in Lindenville.
- Prepare a shared plan for achieving a successful, equitable, and resilient district through design standards, community benefits, and provision of public amenities and services.
- Retain existing industrial uses, while ensuring new neighborhoods are livable, healthy, quiet, and green.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Frequently Asked Questions videos above provide an introduction to the Lindenville Specific Plan process and the Specific Plan's relationship to the South San Francisco General Plan. The video is available in English and Spanish.
Existing Conditions and SWOT Report
Explored existing conditions in Lindenville to understand current trends and to determine potential key issues and opportunities.
Summer - Fall 2022
Developed land use, mobility, open space, and urban design alternatives present distinct approaches for accommodating new residential and mixed uses while still supporting current uses.
Building on community and City feedback, the Preferred Plan synthesized initial alternatives into a single plan for Lindenville.
Summer 2022 - Winter 2023
Technical analysis of the Preferred Plan covered a range of topic areas, such as sea level rise, traffic impacts, economics, and many more.
Specific Plan Development
Winter - Summer 2023
The Draft Specific Plan that builds off of the community input and technical analysis was developed and published for public review.
The Final Specific Plan was presented to City Council and Planning Commission for adoption!
Our outreach plan offers a range of opportunities for your thoughts to be shared and heard. The project kicked off in the summer of 2022 and concluded in the summer of 2023.
The Lindenville Specific Plan is a first step in implementing the South San Francisco General Plan Update. Join us in creating a plan for Lindenville!
Public Review Draft
The Public Review Draft of the Lindenville Specific Plan was released on June 30th and was available for feedback until July 31st. Read the Public Review Draft of the plan at the link below.
Interested in a shorter version of the Draft Specific Plan? Read the executive summary! The executive summary is available in four languages.
Community Engagement Activites
From December to February 2023, the Land Use Alternatives were reviewed by the community, technical experts, and City staff. Results from community engagement and the technical analysis were presented to City Council in February. City Council reviewed the Land Use Alternatives and selected a Preferred Alternative that will be incorporated into the final Lindenville Specific Plan.
The Specific Plan Public Review Draft will be presented to a variety of commissions and committees in Summer 2023.
- Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Commission | June 7, 6pm
- Colma Creek Citizens Advisory Commission | June 13, 3pm
- Planning Commission | July 6, 7pm
- Virtual Community Open House | July 12, 5-7pm
- Equity & Public Safety Commission | July 17, 6pm
- And more!
Virtual Community Open House
In case you missed this open house on July 12th, please see the presentation recording below. It is available in English, Spanish, and Mandarin.
Documents related to the Lindenville Specific Plan will be posted here as they are available.
- Lindenville Project Fact Sheet
- Frequently Asked Questions Sheet
- Lindenville Existing Conditions/Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats Report
- Land Use Alternatives:
- The Lindenville Specific Plan will guide the implementation of the General Plan’s vision for the area as a mixed use neighborhood, employment hub, and cultural center of South San Francisco. Alternatives tested land use and urban design patterns within the city to understand the trade-offs between different big policy questions, like where to place residential and commercial uses in Lindenville. Each alternative used a “kit of parts” approach. Elements of each “kit” can be mixed and matched to form an alternative. Each kit includes both physical design strategies and policies / programs. The kit includes mixed-use residential, industrial, arts & makers, life sciences, blue-green infrastructure, and mobility. Using the kit of parts, three urban design alternatives were developed to test different ideas.
- Summary of Phase 1 Lindenville Community Engagement
- Summary of Phase 2 Lindenville Community Engagement
- Summary of Phase 3 Lindenville Community Engagement
- Lindenville Specific Plan Public Review Draft
- Community Feedback Summary on Public Review Draft
- Final Lindenville Specific Plan